Elavil sentence example
- Examples of antidepressants used for pain management are imipramine (Tofranil) and amitriptyline (Elavil).
- In more difficult cases, antidepressant drugs such as amitriptyline (Elavil) are sometimes prescribed.
- Antidepressants that have been shown to have analgesic (pain reducing) properties include amitriptyline (Elavil), trazodone (Desyrel), and imipramine (Tofranil).
- The antimigraine drugs amitriptyline (Elavil) and cyproheptadine (Periactin) performed well for children in one study group.
- The most commonly used ones are nortriptyline (Pamelor), desipramine (Elavil), and imipramine (Tofranil).Advertisement
- Such tricyclic antidepressants as desipramine (Norpramin, Pertofane) and amitriptyline (Elavil) are frequently recommended as well.