Elaphus sentence example
- The red deer (Cervus elaphus) is now widely distributed as a wild animal over New Zealand, where also the fallow-deer (C. dama) and the Indian sambar (C. aristotelis or unicolor) have been introduced locally.
- The first or typical group of the genus Cervus includes the reddeer (Cervus elaphus) of Europe and western Asia, of which there are several local races, such as the large C. elaphus moral of eastern Europe and Persia, which is often partially spotted above and dark-coloured below, the smaller C. e.
- H I Griffiths Portable handling facilities to improve the welfare of farmed red deer (Cervus elaphus ).
- Red deer (Cervus elaphus barbarus), which differ from the typical European species only in the fact that the second tine is absent from their antlers, a peculiarity which they share with the red deer of Spain and Corsica, are still found in the forest of Beni Saleh in the department of Constantine, but are being exterminated by forest fires and poaching Arabs.
- H I Griffiths Portable handling facilities to improve the welfare of farmed red deer (Cervus elaphus).Advertisement