El obeid sentence example
- The expedition was preparing to march on El Obeid.
- A considerable part of the trade of Darfur with Egypt passes through El Obeid.
- During the Mandia the city was destroyed and deserted, and when Kordofan passed, in 1899, into the possession of the Anglo-Egyptian authorities nothing was left of El Obeid but a part of the old government offices.
- of El Obeid.
- Other large tribes are the Dar Hamid and the Bederia - the last-named living round El Obeid.Advertisement
- The capital, El Obeid (q.v.), is centrally situated.
- Taiara, on the route between El Obeid and the Nile, was destroyed by the dervishes but has been rebuilt and is a thriving mart for the gum trade.
- south of El Obeid.
- Payara and Birket in Kordofan quickly fell, and a few days before the battle of Tell-el-Kebir was fought, the mahdi, with a large force, was besieging El Obeid.
- Thence it turns west, crosses the White Nile near Abba Island, and is continued to El Obeid.Advertisement
- The capture of El Obeid on the 17th of January Army.
- He was captured by the governor of Kordofan and publicly executed at El Obeid.
- Hicks Pasha's expedition was at the time preparing to march on El Obeid.