Eking sentence example
- During the first half of the 19th century wholesale clearances had been effected in many districts, and the crofters were compelled either to emigrate or to crowd into areas already congested, where, eking out a precarious living by following the fisheries, they led a hard and miserable existence.
- They didn't include eking out a living on a run-down ranch and Brandon knew that.
- ekerphans from the genocide are now eking out a living from the land alongside the increasing number of children orphaned through HIV/AIDS.
- It is also the starting-point of a railway to Zeerust and Maf eking.
- Cronje, the latter having posted down from Maf eking with 2000 men and arrived on the previous night.Advertisement