Ekg sentence example
- A veterinarian may run a routine battery of tests to diagnose cardiomyopathy, and these can include an EKG, an x-ray or ultrasound images to examine the shape and condition of your cat's heart.
- Electrocardiagram (ECG, EKG)-A record of the electrical activity of the heart, with each wave being labeled as P, Q, R, S, and T waves.
- In terms of the cardiac examination, a standard electrocardiogram (EKG) is not sufficient for diagnosis; only the echocardiogram can detect possible enlargement of the aorta.
- During an EKG, small electrode patches are attached to the skin on the chest.
- An electrocardiogram (ECG, EKG) helps the physician evaluate the electrical activity of the heart.Advertisement
- During an EKG, small electrode patches are attached to the skin on the chest and connected to a computer that measures the heart's electrical impulses and records them in a zigzag patter on a moving strip of paper.
- An electrocardiogram (ECG, EKG) that records the electrical activity in the heart may be used to check for heart rhythm abnormalities, such as long QT syndrome, in children who have had a pallid breath holding spell.
- However, because long QT syndrome is so serious, some physicians recommend that all children with breath holding spells have a baseline EKG.
- Some children with syndactyly may also have cardiac or heart problems; therefore, an electrocardiogram (EKG) may be ordered to evaluate heart function.
- If you're over 50 and haven't exercised in a while, you may want to get a complete physical examination, including a resting EKG and blood chemistry test.Advertisement