Eis sentence example
- Logarithmos autem minores nihilo defectivos vocamus, praenotantes eis hoc signum - ."
- They possess the principle of individuation in themselves, he teaches, but plurality of individuals is in such a case equivalent to plurality of species (in eis tot sunt species quot sunt individua).
- But it is above all St Augustine who in his refutation of Faustus, as well as in his sermons and elsewhere, clearly defined the true character of the honours paid to the saints: "Non eis templa, non eis altaria, non sacrificia exhibemus.
- Non eis sacerdotes offerunt, absit, Deo praestantur.
- The principal works of Gregory Thaumaturgus are the Panegyricus in Origenem (Eis 't ptybniv iravrnvpucos Xbyos), which he wrote when on the point of leaving the school of that great master (it contains a valuable minute description of Origen's mode of instruction), a Metaphrasis in Ecclesiasten, characterized by Jerome as " short but useful "; and an Epistola canonica, which treats of the discipline to be undergone by those Christians who under pressure of persecution had relapsed into paganism, but desired to be restored to the privileges of the Church.Advertisement
- The name is taken from the first words of the Introit, Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.
- Suidas enumerates other works of Pappus as follows: XWpoypacliia obcov i Gepck'iJ, Eis TA 740'6apa Ot13Xia IIToXEµaiov y y6X'Yfs 157r6Avfµa, lroTa/.20US Tob Ev Ats15p, OPECpoKptrtK&.
- Once more we read of him in 394 as having been present in that metropolis at the synod held under the presidency of Nectarius to settle a controversy which had arisen among the bishops of Arabia; in the same year he assisted at the consecration of the new church of the apostles at Chalcedon, on which occasion there is reason to believe that his discourse commonly but wrongly known as that Eis Tnv Eaurou XEtporoviav was delivered.
- Dona eis requiem.
- The EIS believes that the new structure of assessments, however estimable the intentions, has become unnecessarily complex.Advertisement
- Amen Numbers 6, 24 15 Pie Jesu Pie Jesu, Domine, Dona eis Requiem.
- We also need to develop seamless working practices between NGB doctors and the EIS to ensure the athletes are treated as quickly as possible.
- The 2nd persons plural were formerly (except in the perfect) -ades, -edes, -ides; it was only in the course of the I 6th century that they got reduced, by the, falling away of d, to ais, eis and is.
- Hedge funds, EIS, taper relief have created a perfect storm of private wealth to invest in more risky ventures.
- A peculiar feature is presented by the level upland basins which furnish abundant pasturage during the summer months; the more remarkable are the Omalo in the White Mountains (about 4000 ft.) drained by subterranean outlets (KaTa(30Opa), Nida (Eis T7)v "IBav) in Psiloriti (between 5000 and 6000 ft.), and the Lassithi plain (about 3000 ft.), a more extensive area, on which are several villages.Advertisement