Eighty-six sentence example
- The House of Delegates is composed (1910) of eighty-six members, of whom each county chooses at least one.
- He must have been born not later than the year 69, for on the day of his death (c. 155) he declared that he had served the Lord for eighty-six years (Martyrium, 9).
- The statement seems to imply that he was of Christian parentage; he cannot have been older than eighty-six at the time of his martyrdom, since he had paid a visit to Rome almost immediately before.
- In 1674, at the age of eighty-six, he published his Principia et problemata aliquot geometrica, ante desperata nunc breviter explicate et demonstrate (L.
- He died on the 11th or 12th of October 1303, not eighty-six years old, as has commonly been believed, but perhaps under seventy, at all events not over seventy-five.Advertisement
- On the other hand, it would seem that, for most educated people, sixteen and seventeen or twenty-six and twenty-seven, and even eighty-six and eighty-seven, are single numbers, just as six and seven are, and are not made up of groups of tens and ones.
- The ancient walls of Avila, constructed of brown granite, and surmounted by a breastwork, with eighty-six towers and nine gateways, are still in excellent repair; but a large part of the city lies beyond their circuit.
- eighty-six year long life.
- eighty-six percent of the world population has an ecological footprint smaller than 5.45 hectares.
- eighty-six feet.Advertisement
- eighty-six women were employed at the time.
- eighty-six per cent concerned medication, but not one of those trials asked people whether they felt better.
- There are eighty-six round full cut diamonds mounted on the shoulders of this fabulous split shank ring.