Eightieth sentence example
- He died in the eightieth year of his age, and the forty-fourth of his reign.
- In a series of letters, De sedibus et causis morborum per anatomen indagatis, published when he was in his eightieth year, he describes the appearances met with at the post mortem examination as well as the symptoms during life in a number of cases of various diseases.
- In 1895 his eightieth birthday was celebrated with great enthusiasm: the Reichstag alone, owing to the opposition of the Clericals and the Socialists, refused to vote an address.
- On the 12th of February 1804 he died, having almost completed his eightieth year.
- These bubbles are from an eightieth to an eighth of an inch in diameter, very clear and beautiful, and you see your face reflected in them through the ice.Advertisement
- If, however, we are to trust the testimony of Abul-faraj, his decease took place in Sicily, when he was in his eightieth year.
- They appeared respectively in 1885, 1888 and 1890, and were without doubt remarkable feats to be performed by a man who had passed his eightieth year.
- Karim Khan died at his capital in il~l9 in the twentieth year of his reign, and, it is said, in the eightieth of his age.
- eightieth year.
- eightieth birthday.Advertisement
- Chicheley told the pope in 1 443, in asking leave to retire from the archbishopric, that he was in his eightieth year.
- On the r4th of October 190r his eightieth birthday was celebrated in Berlin amid a brilliant gathering of men of science, part of the ceremonies taking place in the new Pathological Museum, near the Charite, which owes its existence mainly to his energy and powers of organization.
- In 1885 great festivities in honour of Bismarck's eightieth birthday, which had been arranged in Graz, were forbidden by the government, and the Germans of Styria were very indignant that the party did not take up the matter with sufficient energy.
- eightieth anniversary of the Russian revolution.