Eight-thousand sentence example
- With the town's elevation near eight thousand feet, plenty of snow was to be expected.
- In July 1807 another British force of eight thousand men under General Whitelock endeavoured to regain possession of Buenos Aires, but strenuous preparations had been made for resistance, and after fierce street fighting the invading army, after suffering severe losses, was compelled to capitulate.
- Its eastern side is built into the hill, its longer diameter is 76 yds., and it accommodated seven or eight thousand spectators.
- The armies were very large, an expedition often consisting of several divisions, each numbering eight thousand men; but the tactics of the commanders were quite rudimentary, consisting merely of attack by arrows and javelins at a distance, gradually closing into a hand-to-hand fight with clubs and spears, with an occasional feigned retreat to draw the enemy into an ambuscade.
- The number of claims registered under this act was over eight thousand.Advertisement
- The priests were made responsible and some eight thousand were condemned in a mass to deportation, although much the greater part escaped by the goodwill of the people.
- In fact, the U.S. Navy has spent a great many taxpayer dollars to create and maintain their own MySpace Page, with over eight thousand friends on that social network alone.