Egyptologist sentence example
- The History of the Canon, by the Egyptologist Joh.
- It was the work of Amenemhe III., of the 12th dynasty, who lived about 2300 B.C. It was first located by the Egyptologist Lepsius to the north of Hawara in the Fayum, and (in 1888) Flinders Petrie discovered its foundation, the extent of which is about l000 ft.
- JOHANNES DUMICHEN (1833-1894), German Egyptologist, was born near Grossglogau.
- AMELIA EDWARDS ANN BLANDFORD (1831-1892), English author and Egyptologist, the daughter of one of Wellington's officers, was born in London on the 7th of June 1831.
- Karl Peter Lepsius (1775-1853), the antiquary and his more distinguished son Richard the Egyptologist, were born at Naumburg.Advertisement
- AUGUSTE FERDINAND FRANCOIS MARIETTE (1821-1881), French Egyptologist, was born on the 11th of February 1821 at Boulogne, where his father was town clerk.
- KARL RICHARD LEPSIUS (1810-1884), German Egyptologist, was born at Naumburg-am-Saale on the 2 3 rd of December 1810, and in 1823 was sent to the "Schulpforta" school near Naumburg, where he came under the influence of Professor Lange.
- WILLIAM MATTHEW FLINDERS PETRIE (1853-), English egyptologist, was born at Charlton on the 3rd of June 1853, being the son of William Petrie, C.E.
- The Egyptologist who has long lived in the realm of conjecture is too prone to consider any feries of guesses good enough to serve as a translation, and forgets to insert the notes of interrogation which would warn workers in other fields from implicit trust.
- His son JOHANN PETER ADOLF ERMAN (1854-), a famous Egyptologist, was born in Berlin on the 31st of October 1854.Advertisement
- HEINRICH KARL BRUGSCH (1827-1894), German Egyptologist, was the son of a Prussian cavalry officer, and was born in the barracks at Berlin, on the 18th of February 1827.
- JEAN FRANCCOIS CHAMPOLLION (1790-1832), French Egyptologist, called LE Jeune to distinguish him from Champollion-Figeac, his elder brother, was born at Figeac, in the department of Lot, on the 23rd of December 1790.
- Egyptology exhibition records the explorations of the 5th Earl of Carnarvon who, with Egyptologist Howard Carter, uncovered the tomb of Tutankhamun.
- The company is well known for its clean ships, friendly staff, and professional Egyptologist guides.
- This cruise also has an Egyptologist on board as well.Advertisement