Egotist sentence example
- Unfortunately Tamas Bak6cz, her leading diplomatist from 1 499 to 1521, was as much an egotist as the other magnates, and he sacrificed the political interests of Hungary entirely to personal considerations.
- Judged by some passages of his life he would appear a heartless egotist, and yet he was capable of the sincerest friendship and could never dispense with human sympathy.
- As a man, Vieira would have made a nobler figure if he had not been so great an egotist and so clever a courtier, and the readiness with which he sustained directly opposite opinions at short intervals with equal warmth argues a certain lack of sincerity.
- But the show's star, selfish egotist Jason Nesmith (Tim Allen) revels in the attention and adoration showered on his character Commander Peter Quincy Taggart.
- May 1997 A worthless memoir Bruce Anderson The memoirs of former Conservative party treasurer, Alistair McAlpine, reveal a politically shallow egotist.Advertisement