Effusive sentence example
- Many bright and effusive colors are appreciated by cutting-edge designers, but these colors and prints may be a little too loud and distracting to be church appropriate.
- Her smile became wider and bowing thanks very effusive!
- effusive praise.
- Her bright spirits returned with effusive thanks; she offered to take the Deans to dinner in gratitude for her afternoon adventure, but they declined.
- In particular Gatiss ' effusive praise for Quatermass and the Pit is highly contagious.Advertisement
- effusive formal welcome.
- Three people love the way Alistair performed, perhaps rather too effusive in their praise.
- I was surprised to find Olivia Barclay was so effusive about Ebertin & midpoints etc in her book ' Horary Astrology Rediscovered ' .
- From when I first read the script I was looking for a dog that was not particularly effusive and affectionate.
- Andy, unusually effusive, was able to provide details of the " French Connection " .Advertisement
- effusive ones.
- " Tenderness " she had abundantly, and it revealed itself not only in effusive sentimentality, as with Rousseau and Chateaubriand, but in active benevolence; " justice " too she had in so far as she sincerely wished that all men should share alike her happiness; but of " holiness," that sense of awe and reverence that was felt in divers kinds and degrees by Isaiah, Sophocles, Virgil and St Paul, she had not a rudimenatry conception.
- effusive style but tells us little about the history.
- effusive prose.
- Summary report Accommodating but not effusive is the standard approach if your turn up with children.Advertisement