Effeminacy sentence example
- The growing effeminacy and corruption of mankind has found her censures unendurable.
- He accepted,or appeared to accept, the cognomen of Nero conferred upon him by the shouts of the populace, whom his comparative youth and the effeminacy of his appearance reminded of their lost favourite.
- Internally, however, it was rapidly declining, the once chaste and hardy Vandals being demoralized by the fervid climate of Africa and the sinful delights of their new capital, and falling ever lower into sloth, effeminacy and vice.
- But the prevailing impression we carry away after reading him is that in all his early satires he was animated by a sincere and manly detestation of the tyranny and cruelty, the debauchery and luxury, the levity and effeminacy, the crimes and frauds, which we know from other sources were then rife in Rome, and that a more serene wisdom and a happier frame of mind were attained by him when old age had somewhat allayed the fierce rage which vexed his manhood.
- effeminacy related to English anxieties about the seductiveness of France.Advertisement
- effeminacy in men proliferates.
- 685=" trail-vest "), describing some point of costume, and later regarded as imputing effeminacy.
- The disgust aroused by the vices and effeminacy of the king increased the popularity of Henry of Guise.
- effeminacy that the problematisation of masculinity emerged and became an issue in my work.