Effacing sentence example
- The motive of some of the substitutions was to avoid the confusion which must have ensued from the duplication of previously existing native asterisms; thus, the Egyptian and Greek Lions were composed of totally different stars.: Abstractions in other cases replaced concrete objects, with the general result of effacing the distinctive character of the Greek zodiac as a " circle of living things."
- corner of the platform, an uncompleted building of Esarhaddon (681-668 B.C.), who robbed the North-West and Central palaces, effacing the inscriptions of Tiglath-pileser, to obtain material for his construction; (d) the smaller West palace, between the South-West and the NorthWest palaces, a construction of Hadad-nirari or Adadnirari III.
- At the same time the crowning reward of his labours was the effacing of the last traces of the schism.
- Generally the Coptic Christians were content to build their churches within the ancient temples, plastering over or effacing the sculptures which were nearest to the ground and in the way of the worshippers.
- effacevirtual reality is forcing to replace the reality itself by effacing the classical differences between reality and possibility.Advertisement
- effacels, marinas and cruise-ship ports have sprung up to accommodate them, effacing much of the region's famous coastline.
- effacellul puts it, 'The technological environment is progressively effacing the other two.
- He now felt ashamed of his speech with its constitutional tendency and sought an opportunity of effacing it.