Effacement sentence example
- In the case of Ea the transfer proceeds pacifically and without involving the effacement of the older god.
- His last years of power might have been followed by as long a period of more acceptable government than his own, to the effacement of his own from memory; but that did not happen.
- Moreover the effacement of old boundaries, the overthrow of ancestral governments, and the invocation, however hollow, of the sovereignty of the people, awoke national feeling which had slumbered long and prepared the struggle for national union and independence in the 19th century.
- This phase is characterized by dilatation (opening) of the cervix to 3-4 cm along with the thinning out of the cervix (effacement).
- Effacement is reported in percentages as 50 percent or 100 percent, which is completely thinned out.Advertisement
- The force of gravity pulls the weight of the baby further towards the birth canal and can help to begin or speed up effacement and dilation.
- The composition of semen includes prostaglandins, which may increase the effacement of the cervix.
- Effacement--a doctor's exam will reveal the cervix thinning and stretching as a woman's body prepares to expel the baby.