Edwardsia sentence example
- Formerly the island appears to have been wooded, but it now presents only a few bushes (Edwardsia, Broussonetia, &c.), ferns, grasses, sedges, &c. The natives grow bananas in the shelter of artificial pits, also sugar-canes and sweet potatoes, and keep a few goats and a large stock of domestic fowls, and a Tahitian commercial house breeds cattle and sheep on the island.
- It is not known whether all the eight mesenteries of Edwardsia are developed simultaneously or not, but in the youngest FIG.
- There are now eight mesenteries present, having exactly the same arrangement as in Edwardsia.
- In Actinia equina the Edwardsia stage is arrived at somewhat differently.
- The derivation of the Zoanthidea from an Edwardsia form is sufficiently obvious.Advertisement
- In the Cerianthidea, as in the Zoanthidea, much as the adult arrangement of mesenteries differs from that of Actinia, the derivation from an Edwardsia stock is obvious.
- As the development of the Antipathidea is unknown, it is impossible to say what is the sequence of the mesenterial development, but in Leiopathes glaberrima, a genus with twelve mesenteries, there are distinct indications of an Edwardsia stage.
- There were also a few sediment-dwelling attachment type sea anemones discovered, although these were not Edwardsia ivelli.