Edgewise sentence example
- - For switchboard use i n Ammeter Kelvin & electric supply stations where space is valuable, James White instruments of the type called edgewise ammeters Ltd.
- In 1750 Dr Gowan Knight found that the needles of merchant-ships were made of two pieces of steel bent in the middle and united in the shape of a rhombus, and proposed to substitute straight steel bars of small breadth, suspended edgewise and hardened throughout.
- Dean couldn't get a word in edgewise.
- Well, Mrs. Barnett, here's your chance to talk to your father-in-law – if you can fit a word in edgewise.
- ii.), travelling in northwest Arabia, saw stones of granite in a row and " flagstones set edgewise " (though he does not regard these as religious), also " round heaps, perhaps barrows," and " dry-built round chambers," which may be ancient tombs.Advertisement
- Gloxinias, begonias, &c., grow readily from fragments of the leaves cut clean through the thick veins and ribs, and planted edgewise like cuttings.
- - Edgewise Voltmeter.
- Well, Mrs. Barnett, here's your chance to talk to your father-in-law â€“ if you can fit a word in edgewise.
- For the measurement of voltages in continuous current generating stations, movable coil voltmeters are much employed, generally constructed then in the "edgewise" pattern (fig.
- Some men have a hard time letting their date get a word in edgewise when they first meet someone they like.Advertisement