Ectoparasites sentence example
- Moose have a large number of parasites on their coat (called ectoparasites ).
- It also controls animal ectoparasites, biting flies, and cockroaches.
- An understanding of mechanics of louse transmission may reveal the basis for host specificity among lice and other ectoparasites.
- The facultative species can be subdivided into primary and secondary facultative ectoparasites.
- obligatory ectoparasites must have a living host to complete their development and are unable to survive in the absence of the host.Advertisement
- Many livestock producers believe that OP dips are the most effective means of controlling common ectoparasites on sheep, such as scab and blowfly.
- Note: possibility of iatrogenic incidents where some organochlorines (e.g. lindane) are used on domestic pets for the treatment of ectoparasites.
- Leeches without biting jaws possess a protrusible proboscis, and generally engulf their prey, as does the horse leech when it attacks earthworms. But some of them are also ectoparasites.