Economized sentence example
- The plan adopted by the Christians saved labour, economized space, and consulted reverence in the deposition of the corpse.
- Lewes and others the doctrine of "cerebral reflex" was suggested, whereby actions, at first achieved only by incessant attention, became organized as conscious or subconscious habits; as for instance in the playing on musical or other instruments, when acts even of a very elaborate kind may directly follow the impulses of sensations, conscious adaptation and the deliberate choice of means being thus economized.
- The maximum load on the engine is thus greater and more power is required than for fixed drums. Steam consumption is economized, whenever possible, by throwing in the clutches of both drums and hoisting in balance.
- Fleury had economized in the army and navy, as elsewhere, and when in 1733 war was forced upon him he was hardly prepared.
- When visitors came in larger and unexpected numbers there was but the third chair for them all, but they generally economized the room by standing up.Advertisement
- Influence in society, however, is a capital which has to be economized if it is to last.