Echinococcus sentence example
- 2.- Various Forms of Tapeworms. A, Taenia echinococcus; X 12 (from Leuckart).
- Taenia echinococcus has only three, Echinobothrium four, Bothriocephalus three thousand.
- Of all parasites the one which by its mere presence is the most dangerous is the larva of Taenia echinococcus.
- Echinococcifer echinococcus, a minute form with only three to five proglottides, in dog, wolf, jackal.
- The embryo of the taenia echinococcus finds its way from the stomach or intestine into a vein passing to the liver, and, settling itself in the liver, causes so much disturbance there that a capsule of inflammatory material forms around it.Advertisement
- echinococcus multilocularis, on the other hand, is found in rodents and can be caught by cats and dogs when they hunt.
- Man himself, as well as other mammals, is the intermediate host of the dangerous parasite, Taenia echinococcus, in countries where cleanliness is neglected; the pig is the host of Taenia solium, and other cases may be seen from the table at the end of this article.
- D, stages in the development of the broodcapsules in Echinococcus: a, the thickening of the parenchyma of the bladder; b, subsequent formation of a cavity in it; c, development of the suckers; d, a capsule with one head inverted into its cavity; e, a capsule with two heads; X 90.
- B, Echinococcus, showing at a and b the formation of secondary bladders, which at c are forming scolices.