Echelons sentence example
- Delivered in three echelons, these final attacks were repulsed, the first echelon by Colin Halkett's British Brigade, a Dutch-Belgian battery, and a brigade of Chasse's Dutch-Belgian division; the second and third echelons by the Guards, the 52nd, and the Royal Artillery.
- Indigenous to Scotland the wee globular beastie is considered a delicacy among the upper echelons of society.
- The latest brouhaha has subsided without undermining that party's upper echelons but that would surely change if further damaging revelations were to emerge.
- Sewells did not appear to have reached the higher echelons of the Royal Navy.
- She said ethnic minority lawyers were concentrated in the lower echelons of the service, with white managers failing to promote them.Advertisement
- The senior echelons of the administration will be loyal to the government of the day, for a change.
- It also advises and assists ground commanders and meets other related tactical air support special requirements of individual ground force echelons.
- Patients with wounds of lesser severity may not need to pass through all echelons of care.
- Elle Driver is one vicious bitch that could so easily become a screen icon in the echelons of screen villainy.
- If they attack our center we, having the center battery on this high ground, shall withdraw the left flank under its cover, and retreat to the dip by echelons.Advertisement
- It was the album's second track, an instrumental solo guitar piece appropriately named Eruption, that took this unknown guitarist from Pasadena, California and instantly catapulted him to the highest echelons of guitar royalty.
- Women who were not part of the upper echelons of society, however, made do with less expensive clothing.
- The most advanced stunts are exhibited by the highest echelons of competitive cheerleading squads and college teams.
- Football outside of the top echelons always seemed an unlikely business bet, with a history of clubs living hand to mouth.
- The CSSCS is employed at armored cavalry regiment, separate brigade, division, corps, and echelons above corps.Advertisement
- Scarcely leaving his troops time to restore their worn-out footgear, or for the cavalry to replace their jaded horses from captured Prussian resources, he set Davout in motion towards Warsaw on the 2nd of November, and the remainder of the army followed in successive echelons as rapidly as they could be despatched.