Ecgonine sentence example
- ECGONINE, in chemistry, C 9 H 15 NO 3, a cycloheptane derivative with a nitrogen bridge.
- The above compounds may be represented as: CH 2 -CH--CH COOH CH 2 -CH-CH'COOH CH2-CH-CH'COOH N'CH3 CH'OH I N 'CH3 C H N CH3 CH2 CH 2 -CH-CH 2 CH2-CH---CH CH2 - C H-CH2 Ecgonine Anhydroecgonine Hydroecgonidine
- Atropine; cocaine; hygrine; ecgonine; pelletierine.
- These substances, which may be collectively termed "cocaines," are all derivatives of ecgonine.
- Cocaine is benzoylmethyl ecgonine.Advertisement
- The conversion of the mixture obtained by extracting coca-leaves into cocaine is effected by saponifying the esters into ecgonine and the respective acids, and then benzoylating and methylating the ecgonine.
- cocaine in which the benzoyl group is replaced by the cinnamyl group. aand 3-truxillines, named from their isolation from a coca of Truxillo (Peru), are two isomeric alkaloids which hydrolyse to ecgonine, methyl alcohol, and two isomeric acids, the truxillic acids, C18H1604.