Eccentrics sentence example
- The end lifts which transfer the weight of the bridge to the piers when the span is closed consist of massive eccentrics having a throw of 4 in.
- This gives a load of 50 tons per eccentric. One motor is placed at each end of the span to operate the eccentrics and also to release the latches and raise the rails of the steam track.
- If the wings were not driven at a high speed, and if they were not eccentrics made to revolve upon two separate axes, they would of necessity be large cumbrous structures; but large heavy wings would be difficult to work, and what is worse, they would (if too large), instead of controlling the air, be controlled by it, and so cease to be flying organs.
- He further elaborated it by the introduction of " eccentrics," which accounted for the changes in orbital velocity of the sun and moon by a displacement of the earth, to a corresponding extent, from the centre of the circles they were assumed to describe.
- In this two-part feature, Michelle le Blanc and Colin Odell exhume the career of one of cinema's greatest eccentrics.Advertisement
- None the less, it's mostly an elegant crowd - wish there were a few eccentrics; they make such good copy.
- Meanwhile, in a subplot, a motley group of local eccentrics have their own adventure.
- The glorious eccentrics, the crazy pedagogues of yore, have all been laid to rest.