Ebbs sentence example
- - Superficially regarded, philosophy ebbs and flows, whatever progress the debate may reveal to speculative insight.
- As the city roar dies away and light ebbs from these busy plains the mountain enjoys the afterglow and radiates its presence.
- The neighbouring Pegwell Bay, famed for its shrimps, is supposed to have been the scene of the landing of Hengist and Horsa, and at Cliff's End (Ebbs Fleet) a monolithic cross marks the landing-place of St Augustine in 596.
- Their curved backward "S" shape appears to be in constant motion as each half rises and ebbs and appears to meld seamlessly into the other.
- This volatile body of water ebbs and flows with the changing tides, so calculating the distance from the water to the bridge is difficult because the distance is constantly changing.Advertisement