Ebb-tide sentence example
- Pieces of amber torn from the sea-floor are cast up by the waves, and collected at ebb-tide.
- The instrument generally employed is a bag-shaped net attached to a semicircular hoop, provided with a long handle and pushed over the surface of the sand by a fisherman wading in the water at ebb-tide.
- There was a strong ebb tide with 15 feet of water.
- Essentially the water would be drawn from the ebb tide of the Thames, which is about two thirds less salty than the sea.
- The crossing of the bar requires considerable care, and at ebb tide the outward current runs 51knots per hour.Advertisement