Eats-away sentence example
- P. sylvestris in Britain is liable to many insect depredations: the pine-chafer, Hylurgus piniperda, is destructive in some places, the larva of this beetle feeding on the young succulent shoots, especially in young plantations; Hylobius abietis, the fir-weevil, eats away the bark, and numerous lepidopterous larvae devour the leaves; the pine-sawfly is also injurious in some seasons; the removal of all dead branches from the trees and from the ground beneath them is recommended, as most of these insects lay their eggs among the decaying bark and dead leaves.
- touchstone of truth, it is the acid which eats away the false.
- Doubt is the touchstone of truth, it is the acid which eats away the false.
- Opponents of video games have claimed that it rots the brain, induces violence in people, and slowly eats away at a child's attention span.
- Ever. Bleach is too harsh for delicate lace and literally eats away at the fabric.Advertisement