Eateth sentence example
- Thanksgiving, blessing and offering were co-ordinate terms. Hence the Talmudic rule, "A man shall not taste anything before blessing it" (Tosephta Berachoth, c. 4), and hence St Paul's words, "He that eateth, eateth unto the Lord, for he giveth God thanks" (Rom.
- Or seest thou not how much he eateth and drinketh every day?
- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me and I in him."
- I), " eateth herbs "; that is, becomes a vegetarian.
- Publicans were classed with open sinners; and when Jesus went to this man's house and met a company of his fellows the rabbis were scandalized: " Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners ?Advertisement
- For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.