Eatable sentence example
- Their diet includes practically everything eatable they can capture or kill.
- The berries are black and only eatable after frost.
- As a rule there are not many birds, but the eagle and the vulture may occasionally be seen; of eatable kinds partridges and wild pigeons are the most abundant.
- Planted against a wall or a building having a south aspect, or trained over a sunny roof, such sorts as the Black Cluster, Black Prince, Pitmaston White Cluster, Royal Muscadine, Sweetwater, &c., will ripen in the warmest English summers so as to be very pleasant eating; but in cold summers the fruit is not eatable in the raw state, and can only be converted into wine or vinegar.
- - For the present, as of old, the true Brachyura are divided into four tribes: Cyclometopa, with arched front as in the common eatable crab; Catometopa, with front bent down as in the land-crabs and the little oyster-crab; Oxyrhyncha, with sharpened beak-like front as in the various spider-crabs; Oxystomata, including the Raninida, and named not from the character of the front but from that of the buccal frame which is usually narrowed forwards.Advertisement
- eatable parts of the plants are the leaf blades with the smaller veins.
- We all try a bit, it is eatable, but pretty tasteless.