Eastern desert sentence example
- The religion of Palmyra did not differ in essentials from that of the north Syrians and the Arab tribes of the eastern desert.
- But he lost his way in the eastern desert and perished with his whole army (484).
- This is especially the case where there is also shade to protect them from the midday sun, as in some of the narrow ravines in the eastern desert and in the palm groves of the oases, where various ferns and flowers grow luxuriantly round the springs.
- Red-legged and other partridges are found in the eastern desert and the Sinai hills.
- In his ninth year he turned his attention to the gold mines in the eastern desert of Nubia and improved the road thither.Advertisement
- The journey took us over barren high plateaux leading away from the Great Rift Valley toward the eastern Desert.
- Wadi Allaqi is the largest wadi Allaqi is the largest wadi in the southern part of the Eastern Desert of Egypt.
- But the genealogical relations were rather with the Edomites, Midianites and other peoples of North Arabia and the eastern desert than with Egypt proper, and this is indicated by the expressions that "they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur that is east of Egypt, and he settled to the eastward of his brethren" (see MIZRAIM).
- Wadi Allaqi is the largest wadi in the southern part of the Eastern Desert of Egypt.