Eastern-canada sentence example
- But the desire for Canadian unity led the Dominion to assist a transcontinental line connecting Manitoba with eastern Canada.
- The Dene (Tinneh) myths resembled those of the Eskimo, and all the hunting tribes of eastern Canada and United States and the Mississippi valley have a mythology based upon their zootechny and their totemism.
- Region of tile Great LakesThe Palaeozoic strata, already mentioned as lapping on the southern slope of the Superior Olclland and around the western side of the Adirondacks- are but parts of a great area of similar strata, hundreds of feet in thickness, which dec]ine gently southward from the great oldland of the Laurentian highlands of eastern Canada.
- St Lawrence and Hudson Bay in eastern Canada also presents one or two lakes draining each way, but in a much less striking position, since the water-parting is flat and boggy instead of being a lofty range of mountains.
- In eastern Canada Ungava and Labrador are very chill and inhospitable, owing largely to the iceberg-laden current sweeping down the coast from Davis Strait, bringing fogs and long snowy winters and a temperature for the year much below the freezing-point.Advertisement
- have been gathered, and on the Shickshock Mountains of Eastern Canada Silene acaulis, L., Lychnis alpina, L., Cassiope hypnoides, Don., Rhododendron laponicum, Wahl, and many others.
- The loss from this cause is also less than formerly, because any grain unfit for export is now readily purchased for the feeding of animals in Ontario and other parts of eastern Canada.
- In all the provinces of eastern Canada the acreage under oats greatly exceeds that under wheat.
- Its acquisition by Canada and the influx of settlers from Eastern Canada led to the greater importance of Winnipeg, as the new town was now generally called.
- acid rain doing such a lot of damage in eastern Canada?Advertisement
- After rocking The Boat during Canadian Music Week, Sailboats Are White will tour eastern Canada with Lullabye Arkestra next month.
- Why is acid rain doing such a lot of damage in eastern Canada?
- The prevailing north easterly winds blow the acid rain away from the industrial areas of the north east USA to eastern Canada.