Easter-monday sentence example
- The scene of slaughter is still called the Bloody Fields, and Easter Monday denominated Black Monday.
- In general, churchwardens are appointed in Easter week, usually Easter Monday or Easter Tuesday, but in new parishes the first appointment must be within twenty-one days after the consecration of the church, or two calendar months after the formation of the parish, subsequent appointments taking place at the usual time for the appointment of parish officers.
- An armed uprising in Dublin on Easter Monday 1916 was put down by the British.
- At Spitalfields crowds used to congregate on Easter Monday and Tuesday to hear the Spital sermons preached from the pulpit cross.
- The Grafton Hunt steeple chases were held on Easter Monday.Advertisement