Easter-day sentence example
- The concordat was solemnly promulgated on Easter Day 1802, but the government had added to it unilateral provisions of Gallican tendencies, which were known as the Organic Articles.
- Briefly, it may be explained here that Easter day is the first Sunday after the full moon following the vernal equinox.
- Soon after Easter Day he came in sight of the coast of Florida, probably near the mouth of the St Johns river.
- The cathedral occupies the site of the wooden church in which King Edwin was baptized by Paulinus on Easter Day 627.
- On Easter day an altar was erected, mass celebrated in presence of the natives, the country declared an apanage of Portugal, and a stone cross erected in commemoration of the event.Advertisement
- After spreading desolation through North Italy and striking terror into the citizens of Rome, Alaric was met by Stilicho at Pollentia (a Roman municipality in what is now Piedmont), and the battle which then followed on the 6th of April 402 (Easter-day) was a victory, though a costly one for Rome, and effectually barred the further progress of the barbarians.
- Admiral Roggeveen reached it on Easter day 1722; in 1774 Captain Cook discovered it anew and called it Teapi or Waihu.
- He had induced Peter to make good his somewhat shadowy claims to the crown of Sicily, but while preparations were being made for the expedition, the popular rising known as the Sicilian Vespers, which resulted in the massacre of nearly all the French in the island, broke out at Palermo on Easter Day 1282.
- Towards the end of 1 345 he proclaimed himself " emperor of the Serbs and the Greeks," and was as such solemnly crowned at Uskiib on Easter Day 1346.
- Ever since then, Easter Day has been celebrated on the Sunday after the first full moon following the Spring Equinox.Advertisement
- All that is the wonderful truth of the resurrection of Jesus on that first Easter Day.
- Or you can wear a special piece of jewelry on Easter day in celebration.
- Depending on when you visit, it's a good idea to check out fun seasonal events, such as Macy's Flower Show and the city's popular Easter Day Parade, which travels from 47th Street to 57th Street along 5th Avenue.
- Clear out a room or two inside the house for hiding eggs in case the weather does not cooperate on Easter day.