East orange sentence example
- It is served by the Morris & Essex division of the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western railway and by the Orange branch of the Erie (the former having three stations in the city - Grove Street, East Orange and Brick Church), and is connected with Newark, Orange and West Orange by electric line.
- In 1863 the township of East Orange was separated from the township of Orange, which, in turn, had been separated from the township of Newark in 1806.
- Four years later East Orange was chartered as a city.
- Parts of its territory were included in South Orange and Fairmount (now West Orange) in 1861 and 1862 respectively, and in 1863 East Orange was created out of part of Orange.
- Pop., including East Orange (1901), 6331.Advertisement