Earwig sentence example
- The best known earwig is the common European species, Forficula auricularia.
- - Common Earwig (Forficula auricularia).
- For a general account of the structure, development and relationships of insects, see Arthropoda and Hexapoda, while details of the form, habits and classification of insects will be found in articles on the various orders or groups of orders (Aptera, Coleoptera, Dipteria,Hemiptera,Hymenoptera,Lepidoptera,Neuroptera, Orthoptera, Thysanoptera), and in special articles on the more familiar divisions (ANT, BEE, Dragon-Fly, Earwig, &c.).
- EARWIG, an insect belonging to the Forficulidae, a family usually referred to the Orthoptera, but sometimes regarded as typifying a special order, to which the names Dermaptera, Dermatoptera and Euplexoptera have been given, in allusion to certain peculiarities in the structure of the wings in the species that possess them.
- Earwig >>Advertisement
- The European earwig is a common insect of fields, woods and gardens.
- Based on an unoriginal earwig forwarded by Sue Sinclair, January 1996.
- - Hypopharynx and Maxillulae (m) of common earwig (Forficula auricularia).