Earthworm sentence example
- The earthworms of England belong entirely to the three genera Lumbricus, Allolobophora and Allurus, which are further subdivided by some systematists; and these genera form the prevalent earthworm fauna of the Palaearctic region and are also very numerous in the Nearctic region.
- During the winter earwigs lie dormant; but in the early months of the year females with their eggs may be found in the soil, frequently in deserted earthworm burrows.
- Linnaeus recognized only one species of earthworm and named it Lumbricus terrestris.
- In Benhamia caecifera and at least one other earthworm there are numerous caeca, one pair to each segment.
- The Mario, Zelda, Mega Man and other franchises continued to proliferate, as well as a wide range of other hugely popular games that introduced us to Fox McCloud, Kirby, and Earthworm Jim.Advertisement
- Maze: Endangered Animals 4 (harder) Help the kiwi find the earthworm.
- The humble earthworm also plays a vital role in Chris ' Chelsea garden.
- Non-indigenous flatworms prey on the native earthworm, threatening earthworm populations.
- They are divisible into the Haplodrili or Archiannelida, the Polychaeta containing the marine worms, the Oligochaeta or terrestrial and fresh-water annelids (see Earthworm), the Hirudinea or leeches (see Leech), and a small group of parasitic worms, the 11-Tyzostomida (q.v.).
- The function of alimentation is closely associated with that of locomotion, somewhat as in the burrowing earthworm; in the excavation of its burrows the sand is passed through the body, and any nutrient matter that may adhere to it is extracted during its passage through the intestine, the exhausted sand being finally ejected through the vent at the orifice of the burrow and appearing at low tide as a worm casting.Advertisement
- There is a definite Annelid group (see Annelida), including the Archiannelida, the bristleworms (see Chaetopoda), of which the earthworm (q.v.) is the most familiar type, the Myzostomida, Hirudinea (see Leech) and the armed Gephyreans (see Echiuroidea).
- When you increase the organic matter in your soil, earthworm population will go up expeditiously.
- In the only game to ever receive a 100% from Gamemaster magazine, Earthworm Jim follows the expoits of Jim, a super-hero earthworm.