Earthing sentence example
- The earth should be drawn up to celery with a hoe preparatory to earthing up with a spade.
- Continue hoeing and earthing up the several crops.
- Plant out kales and broccoli for late crops; plant celery (earthing up the advancing crops as required), endive for succession, and a few coleworts.
- The following passage indicates the contemporary theory of manuring: - " In thy tillage are these special opportunities to improve it, either by liming, marling, sanding, earthing, mudding, snayl-codding, mucking, chalking, pidgeons-dung, hens-dung, hogs-dung or by any other means as some by rags, some by coarse wool, by pitch marks, and tarry stuff, any oyly stuff, salt and many things more, yea indeed any thing almost that bath any liquidness, foulness, saltness or good moysture in it, is very naturall inrichment to almost any sort of land."
- Propagate by slips, or by earthing up the old stems, the various pot-herbs.Advertisement
- The earthing up of celery this month is not to be recommended, unless a little very early supply is wanted.
- - Celery will now be in full growth, and will require close attention to earthing up, and during the last part of the month the first lot may be stored away in trenches for winter.
- Earthing up therefore prevents these injuries, but where practised to an immoderate extent it materially reduces the produce of tubers.
- The labour entailed in repeated earthing up is also considered a serious objection to its general adoption.
- highjacking this thread to ask another quick potato question I'm still a bit confused about earthing up potatoes.Advertisement