Earth-plate sentence example
- In the same way all the conducting sheets on the other side of the paper are connected together and form the earth-plate of this artificial cable, thus representing the sea.
- Each line terminated in an earth plate placed in the sea.
- - A, antenna; P S, jigger or oscillation transformer; C, condenser; 0, Fleming oscillation valve; B, working battery; T, telephone; R, rheostat; E, earth-plate.
- 16, in which L 1 represents the line, G a galvanometer, used simply to show that the currents are going to line circuit, when the message is being transmitted, K the trans- - mitting key, B the battery, I the receiving instrument, and E the earth-plate.
- The complete circuit is from the plate E through the instrument I, the key K, and the galvanoscope G to the line L i, then through the corresponding instruments to the earth-plate E at the other end, and back through the earth to the plate E.Advertisement
- The earth-plate E ought to be buried in moist earth or in water.