Earth-mother sentence example
- Her name has been explained as (I) "grain-mother," from 8na1, the Cretan form of "ECai, " barley," or (2) " earth-mother," or rather " mother earth," 86, being regarded as the Doric form of AI).
- Tearing up the soil with the plough is regarded as an invasion of the domain of the earth-mother, punished by the all-devouring hunger for wealth, that increases with increasing produce.
- The springs and rivers, the wind, the sun, fire, the Earth-Mother, the Sky-Father, are all active powers.
- The Earth-Mother and Sky-Father are to be found again and again in religions, at various stages of development, as co-ordinating conceptions which comprehend the universe.'
- Top C Cailleach Bheur The Scottish blue-faced winter hag, probably once worshiped as the crone aspect of the earth mother.Advertisement