Eagle-owl sentence example
- There is the interesting white-necked guineafowl, Agelastes (which is found on the Gold Coast and elsewhere west of the lower Niger); there is one peculiar species of eagle owl (Bubo lettii) and a very handsome sparrow-hawk (Accipiter bitttikoferi); a few sun-birds, warblers and shrikes are peculiar to the region.
- The bird fauna is of considerable interest, the finest species of the upper zone being an eagle-owl, met with at 14,000 ft.
- The socalled Egyptian eagle owl (Bubo ascalaphus) is rather rare, but the barn owl is common.
- Among the birds of prey may be mentioned, besides the cinereous and bearded vultures, the Spanish vulture(Gyps occidentalis), the African or Egyptian vulture (Neophron percnopteras), which is found among all the mountains of the Peninsula, the Spanish imperial eagle (Aquila Adalberti), the short-toed eagle (Circaetus gallicus), the southern eagle-owl (Bubo atheniensis), and various kites and falcons.
- Until recently, the Indian Eagle Owl was listed as a subspecies of Eurasian Eagle Owl (subspecies: Bubo bubo bubo bengalensis ).Advertisement
- Can an eagle owl kill an adult fox, I wonder?