Dysthymia sentence example
- Dysthymia commonly occurs in tandem with other psychiatric and physical conditions.
- Dysthymia is a recurrent or lengthy depression that may last a lifetime.
- It is similar to major depressive disorder, but dysthymia is chronic, long-lasting, persistent, and mild.
- Generally patients are diagnosed with dysthymia if they feel depressed more days than not for at least two years.
- Dysthymia is prevalent in patients with certain medical conditions, including multiple sclerosis, AIDS, hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, and post-cardiac transplantation.Advertisement
- Among the general mood disorders are major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, and dysthymia.
- In some cases, people may also experience a major depressive episode on top of their dysthymia, a condition sometimes referred to as double depression.