Dysphagia sentence example
- Any condition that weakens or damages the muscles and nerves used for swallowing may cause dysphagia.
- Good results from balloon dilatation are obtained in most patients with 60% of patients dysphagia free at 5 years.
- All patients had dysphagia, the mean degree for the studied group being 3.36.
- A common, complex condition Older people are particularly prone to develop dysphagia for several reasons.
- Click Here Further Details Texas Virtual Clinic Information on common digestive problems including dysphagia (difficulty swallowing ), heartburn, anorexia.Advertisement
- Radiation therapy is successful in relieving dysphagia in approximately 50% of patients.
- That is not to say that patients with postpolio dysphagia should not be evaluated or treated other than with reassurance.
- Mixed tumors can occur Elderly patients are affected and they present with painless progressive dysphagia, initially to solids and then to liquids.
- Although PDT is licensed in several countries for palliation of malignant dysphagia, it yet has to prove itself against laser.
- She takes an active role within the NW pediatric dysphagia SIG.Advertisement
- Nine patients had recurrent dysphagia after a mean period of 6.5 months.
- Nevertheless, we were unable to identify any studies examining the epidemiology, characteristics or management of dysphagia in a typical primary care population.
- Following the Heimlich maneuver, dysphagia (swallowing difficulty) and obstructive pulmonary edema (fluid accumulation in the lungs) may occur and require medical treatment.
- This may be a serious condition called dysphagia, which develops from long-term GERD.
- Following the Heimlich maneuver, dysphagia (swallowing difficulty) and obstructive pulmonary edema (fluid accumulation in the lungs) may occur.Advertisement
- Dysphagia: Dysphagia refers to difficulty or discomfort when swallowing.
- Children whose throat muscles are affected by the disorder may experience difficulty in swallowing food; some lose weight because the dysphagia affects their appetite.
- Symptoms include drooping eyelids, difficulty swallowing (dysphagia), and weakness progresses to other muscles of the face, neck, and occasionally the upper limbs.