Dyad sentence example
- When used together they work as a dyad and produce a lovely tropical feel that is light and airy.
- Crystals of this class possess neither planes nor centre of symmetry, but only axes of symmetry: perpendicular to the principal triad axis there are three uniterminal dyad axes of symmetry.
- The most important relationships are those between two people - forming the dyad.
- Can our individual narratives in relation to race, culture and attachment be unmasked in the therapeutic dyad to reveal our human connectedness?
- We first describe the model of this exchange dyad and actors ' decision making with respect to behavior in a particular dyad.Advertisement
- Further work on the granodiorite dyad yielded no matches, and unless additional pieces are found, the work of reconstruction is essentially finished.
- Below this first principle are a second one, which is also called the monad, and the indefinite dyad.
- Thus if a ` third party ' should join the dyad the form changes and we do not perceive such immediate reciprocity.
- Those elements which are equivalent in combining or displacing power to a single atom of hydrogen are said to be univalent or monad elements; whilst those which are equivalent to two atoms of hydrogen are termed bivalent or dyad elements; and those equivalent to three, four, five or six atoms of hydrogen triad, tetrad, pentad or hexad elements.
- Thus, it must be supposed that in nitric oxide, NO, an odd number of affinities are disengaged, since a single atom of dyad oxygen is united with a single atom of nitrogen, which in all its compounds with other elements acts either as a triad or pentad.Advertisement
- The oxide NO 2 must be regarded as another instance of a compound in which an odd number of affinities of one of the contained elements are disengaged, since it contains two atoms of dyad oxygen united with a single atom of triad or pentad nitrogen.
- - Graphic or constitutional formulae are employed to express the manner in which the constituent atoms of compounds are associated together; for example, the trioxide of sulphur is usually regarded as a compound of an atom of hexad sulphur with three atoms of dyad oxygen, and this hypothesis is illustrated by the graphic formula 0=S`O.
- Each of these OH groups is equivalent in combining or displacing power to a monad element, since it consists of an atom of dyad oxygen associated with a single atom of monad hydrogen, so that in this case the S02 group is equivalent to an atom of a dyad element.
- Thus, the atom of hydrogen is a monad simple radical, the atom of oxygen a dyad simple radical, whilst the group OH is a monad compound radical.
- The pyro-electric characters of quartz are closely connected with its peculiar type of symmetry and especially with the three uniterminal dyad axes.Advertisement
- Look at a map and see if you can find the DNA dyad.