Dwarfing sentence example
- His sweater, jeans, and trench coat were all of high quality with his heavy boots dwarfing her feet as hers did Toby's.
- Partial starvation will sometimes effect this; hence the grafting of freegrowing fruit trees upon dwarfing stocks, as before alluded to, and also the " ringing " or girdling of fruit trees, i.e.
- The stocks are commonly divided into two classes: - (1) free stocks, which consist of seedling plants, chiefly of the same genus or species as the trees from which the scions are taken; and (2) dwarfing stocks, which are of more diminutive growth, either varieties of the same species or species of the same or some allied genus as the scion, which have a tendency to lessen the expansion of the engrafted tree.
- Apples, for the same reason, are " worked " on the " paradise " or "doucin " stocks, which from their influence on the scion are known as dwarfing stocks.
- Instead of a closet, a large wardrobe stood at one end of the room, dwarfing a vanity desk with a large oval mirror.Advertisement
- See the picture below which clearly shows how the apple tree has been grafted onto a dwarfing rootstock.
- Fruit trees are grown on rootstocks which affect the growth and fruiting potential of the tree, with dwarfing rootstocks recommended for smaller gardens.
- Dwarfing any flower naturally tall and graceful is a doubtful practice.
- This extra step will help to ensure that instead of dwarfing your figure, your robe is snug and fits comfortably.
- Under the head of malformations we place cases of atrophy of parts or general dwarfing, due to starvation, the attacks of Fungi or minute insects, the presence of unsuitable food-materials and so on, as well as cases of transformation of stamens into petals, carpels into leaves, and so forth.Advertisement
- The French Paradise is the best dwarfing stock for apples, and the quince for pears.
- But summer pruning has been much extended since the introduction of restricted growth and the use of dwarfing stocks.
- Do I need to prove we have an explosion of technological progress dwarfing the wildest dreams of any age?