Dupe sentence example
- The royal dupe was the last man in the world to check the advance of the papacy.
- The reality was that I was only an innocent dupe.
- Pamela Anderson shoes have a one of a kind feel, but if you can't find any, it's easy to dupe the look.
- Even if he were not the author of the forgeries he can scarcely have been the dupe of his own partisans.
- It is generally believed that Marie Antoinette was stainless in the matter, that Rohan was an innocent dupe, and that the Lamottes deceived both for their own ends.Advertisement
- She has accused her soon-to-be ex of trying to "dupe" her into signing a post-nuptial agreement and of hiding the proceeds from the multi-million dollar sale of their Miami, Florida home.
- The nominal head was the king's brother Charles, duke of Berry, then eighteen years old, a weak character, the tool of the rebels as he was later the dupe of the king.
- While his intentions were pure, he only became a dupe to his sanguine temper and his own theories.
- There were many ways by which the dishonest drover could dupe the English grazier.
- Others report that, feeling himself powerless to scatter the gathered clouds, and aware of his physical feebleness, he had had the moral courage to pass in the eyes of his family, which he did not wish to afflict, as the dupe of the efforts they employed to conceal the truth from him.Advertisement
- Turbulent, ungovernable, vain, often the dupe of schemers, Mackenzie united with much that was laughable not a little that was heroic. He could neither be bribed, bullied, nor cajoled.
- Even the detractors who defend her conduct on the plea that she was a dastard and a dupe are compelled in the same breath to retract this implied reproach, and to admit, with illogical acclamation and incongruous applause, that the world never saw more splendid courage at the service of more brilliant intelligence, that a braver if not "a rarer spirit never did steer humanity."
- Nothing is now extant to prove that, if this lady really existed, she was the Laura of the Canzoniere, while there are reasons for suspecting that the abbe was either the fabricator of a romance flattering to his own family, or the dupe, of some previous impostor.
- Some supposedly "ghostly" images captured on film were done so by accident, while others were purposely staged and created to dupe the public.