Dry-goods sentence example
- In 1881 he organized and became president of Bliss, Fabyan & Company, one of the largest wholesale dry-goods houses in the country.
- He then became a partner in a New York dry-goods house.
- The exports, which comprise coffee, bananas, cocoa, cabinet-woods and dye-woods, with hides and skins, mother-of-pearl, tortoiseshell and gold, were officially valued at £1,398,000 in 1904; and in the same year the imports, including foodstuffs, dry goods and hardware, were valued at £1,229,000.
- The gallon is the standard measure of capacity in the imperial system for liquids and for dry goods.
- A secondary standard measure for dry goods is the bushel of 1824, containing 8 imperial gallons, represented by a hollow bronze cylinder having a plane base, its internal diameter bring double its depth.Advertisement
- In 1833 he removed to Detroit, Michigan, where he became a prosperous dry-goods merchant.
- A little more exploring revealed that the cabinets were stocked with sufficient supplies of dry goods and the potato and onion bins were full.
- Like many of Ouray's Victorian buildings, it had previously housed a variety of mercantile businessesâ€”a dry goods establishment, a drug storeâ€” during the times the town was a thriving, self-sustained community.
- Signs were hung out on all sides to allure him; some to catch him by the appetite, as the tavern and victualling cellar; some by the fancy, as the dry goods store and the jeweller's; and others by the hair or the feet or the skirts, as the barber, the shoemaker, or the tailor.
- Generally, the canned goods, pre-made frozen foods, dry goods like beans and rice, and just about anything else that comes in a jar or bottle like jams or sauces is delivered by a company like MBM Food Distributor.Advertisement
- The late 1800's saw the burgeoning of direct mail catalogs starting with the 1872 Montgomery Ward and later the Sears dry goods catalogs.
- They are also available in many different shapes and sizes, with options that will work for storing preserved food, holding leftovers, storing dry goods and more.
- Whether you are looking for a way to store dry goods in your pantry, on your countertop or on shelves in your kitchen, glass canisters are an excellent choice.