Druidical sentence example
- Near Bennachie (1619 ft.) are stone circles and monoliths supposed to be of Druidical origin.
- A rescript of Augustus forbade Roman citizens to practise druidical rites.
- Druidical and other British antiquities are numerous in the district.
- There are remains of ancient chapels, Danish duns and Druidical circles on the island.
- St Patrick doubtless introduced the ordinary coronal tonsure, but in the period following his death the old druidical tonsure was again revived.Advertisement
- Diarmait, son of Fergus Cerbaill (544-565), of the southern Hy Neill, undoubtedly professed Christianity though he still clung to many pagan practices, such as polygamy and the use of druidical incantations in battle.
- At what period the stone circles and pillars (apparently of a "Druidical" character), whose ruins are found at several places along the upper Gambia, were erected is not known.
- His framework is a book by a 19th century clergyman, the Rev Edward Duke, The Druidical Temples of the County of Wiltshire.