Drinking-fountain sentence example
- The Norwalk Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution has erected here a drinking fountain in memory of Nathan Hale, who obtained in Norwalk his disguise as a Dutch school teacher and then started on his fatal errand to Long Island.
- Within the plaza are a monument to the soldiers who fell in New Mexico during the Civil War and the Indian wars, a stone marking the spot where the first American flag was raised by General Kearny in 1846, and a bronze drinking fountain erected as a memorial to John Baptist Lamy (1814-1888), the first Roman Catholic bishop (1853) and archbishop (1815) of Santa Fe.
- On the green stand a monument erected by the state in 1799 to the memory of the minute-men who fell in that engagement, a drinking fountain surmounted by a bronze statue (1900, by Henry Hudson Kitson) of Captain John Parker, who was in command of the minute-men, and a large boulder, which marks the position of the minute-men when they were fired upon by the British.
- Grade II listed " With the rain pouring down my neck at the time, the drinking fountain seemed rather apt.
- Pennies were collected from the town's children to erect a drinking fountain to her memory.Advertisement
- We certainly had a drinking fountain in our day, but I cannot remember if it was in the same location or elsewhere.
- Summer Soak Zone Do NOT drink water from the Soak Zone - please use the drinking fountain provided.
- But some historians feel that the spring was probably mythical and the present monument on the site is a Victorian drinking fountain.
- In 1925 Messrs J.A. Harper and R. Carter donated an ornamental drinking fountain near to the Dartmouth Avenue entrance.
- It reminds me of nothing so much as the old drinking fountain in Christchurch Park.Advertisement