Dreadnoughts sentence example
- The shipbuilding yards developed greatly and war vessels of all types, including dreadnoughts and submarines, were constructed during the war.
- The matter was urgent; for parliament was to meet on the 28th, and it was important that a new cabinet, acceptable to it, should be appointed before that date, or that the Houses should be prorogued pending such appointment; otherwise the delegations would be postponed and no credits would be voted for the cost of the new Austro-Hungarian " Dreadnoughts " and of the annexation of Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- A long way behind was the main fleet consisting of 59 vessels, including 22 battleships (of which 16 were dreadnoughts ).
- By comparison, of the 46 British dreadnoughts built, five were sunk, none by gunfire.
- None of the 10 older British dreadnoughts participated in the battle.Advertisement