Downtrodden sentence example
- We ought to encourage the empowerment of all those who feel oppressed or downtrodden.
- When she arrived at the Women's Refuge, she was very downtrodden.
- Harvey Pekar, the hilariously downtrodden Cleveland comic book artist, is the subject of AMERICAN SPLENDOR, titled after Pekar's autobiographical series.
- Yesterday's masses were overwhelmingly the poorer - and historically downtrodden - Shia, who form 40% of the population.
- The commercial will show Federline in a rap video, then cut to the downtrodden celeb as he is working in a fast-food restaurant, daydreaming about his rap stardom.Advertisement
- Take on the role of a nameless character and forge alliances with whomever you like -- the downtrodden humans, the conquering Orcs, or even the traitorous merchants.
- Match this depression with Pisces' mutable nature, and you can create a highly downtrodden and unstable individual; the classic manic depressive.
- Christian churches held a custom of placing metal boxes outside their doors on this day to collect cash and gifts for the downtrodden.
- As the conquerors swept away the Roman fiscal system, which the Visigoths had retained, and replaced it by a poll tax (which was not levied on old men, women, children, cripples or the very poor) and a land tax, the gain to the downtrodden serfs of the fisc was immense.