Downfield sentence example
- Newcastle moved downfield dangerously and got close to the Bristol line.
- A Hyde corner in fact, as the ball was swiftly cleared downfield.
- Eventually, Lavea kicks downfield, returning possession, rather cheaply.
- The United ' keeper launched the ball downfield where it was picked up by Howard.
- Easter picked up the ball from the back of a scrum and broke downfield, before releasing Keogh out on the right flank.Advertisement
- With time running out Burnley were on the attack when a tangerine defender hoofed a huge ball downfield.
- Such is the power and dominance of his bottom hand, his strokes frequently resemble a hockey player sending a long pass downfield.
- A desperate kick downfield by Matt Gilks was headed on by Alan Goodall for the little striker.